domingo, 2 de diciembre de 2018

"GOING TO"

GOING TO ( PRESENT CONTINUOUS)

We use the present continuous form of the verb go + preposition to + noun phrase to talk about movement in relation to a place or a person in the present:
  • Are you going to Maggie’s party tonight? 
  • I’m going to the shops. Do you want anything?

Going to: future

We can use a present form of be + going to + the base form of a main verb to talk about the future. We use it for plans and intentions, predictions and commands:
  • I’m going to buy a new car next week. (plan or intention)
  • You’re not going to do all this in an hour. There’s just too much to do. (prediction: the speaker can see how much there is to do)
  • I’m telling you, you’re going to do it. You don’t have a choice. (command)

GRAMMAR


 Resultado de imagen para GRAMMAR GOING TO


Resultado de imagen para GRAMMAR GOING TO


VIDEO 



EJERCICIOS:

  1. I think we should stay at home. Look at those clouds, it ___________________ (rain).
  2. Can't you open the jar? Don't worry, I ___________________ (open) it for you.
  3. I ___________________ (take) my children to the theme park soon.
  4. We ___________________ (not be) in time for the show if we don't hurry! It's almost eight now!
  5. There seems to be a traffic jam further up that road, se we _________________ (take) the other one.
  6. The cat has been acting weird for a few days so I ___________________ (take) it to the vet.
  7. She has bought some comic books for my brother. I'm sure he ______________ (like) them.
  8. I ______________________ (not clean) up your mess again.
  9. Watch out! You ___________________ (fall) into that hole.
  10. This year I ___________________ (win) the lottery for sure, I have a hunch.

RESPUESTAS:

  1. I think we should stay at home. Look at those clouds, it is going to rain.
  2. You can't open the jar? Don't worry, I'll open it for you.
  3. I'm going to take / will take my children to the theme park soon.
  4. We won't be in time for the show if we don't hurry! It's almost eight now!
  5. There seems to be a traffic jam further up that road, so we'll take / are going to take the other one.
  6. The cat has been acting weird for a few days so I'm going to take it to the vet.
  7. She has bought some comic books for my brother. I'm sure he'll like them.
  8. I'm not going to clean / won't clean up your mess again.
  9. Watch out! You're going to fall /'ll fall into that hole.
  10. This year I'll win the lottery for sure, I have a hunch.
HOMEWORK:

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario

PLANS DIALOGUE

DIALOGUE: Jim : Hi Cindy. How’s it going? Cindy : Great, Jim. How are you? Jim : Fine, thanks! Do you have any plans for Holy Week?...